Thursday, September 3, 2009

Garden greats

So, can anyone tell me what is so great about this plate of food? Yes, it is quite a nutritious meal. Yes, it is colorful. It was all grown in our garden! I would like to take a lot of credit for it, but, unfortunately Tim planted the garden. I went out and dug the potatoes and carrots, though! Doesn't that count? The potatoes were scrubbed with a vegetable brush, cut in french fry slices, thrown in a ziplock baggie with a dab of olive oil and Italian dressing. I shook the potatoes to coat them and spread them on a baking sheet. I baked them at 420 degrees for about 20 minutes. Yummy! They taste great coated with Ranch Dressing powder, also. I had a little bit of Friendship Bread to go with the meal, too. Love Friendship Bread! Anyone need a start?

Sunday we went to Idaho for a missionary homecoming. The young man on the left was Andrew's trainer and gave his report home. The missionary on the right was Andrew's companion 7 weeks ago. Andrew thought both of these young men were outstanding to work with. After meeting them I can see why Andrew thought so highly of them. I think Andrew will be released from his mission around December 31, 2009. We'll have fun planning his return and look so forward to that date!

1 comment:

Tai said...

Can I have a bite?? Can I, Can I??That looks sooooo good!