Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sister's Party

Sister's Party, 2010
Sister's Party weekend began by going to the Twin Falls, Idaho LDS temple together. Only about half of us that got together could be there in time for the temple. After going to the temple,we drove to Kathie's home where we ate a great dinner of baked potatoes (potatoes grown in Kathie's garden), stroganoff, fruit salad, green salad, dinner rolls, dessert and enjoyed re-aquainting conversation. We sat up and talked for hours and then I remembered to get out my camera. By this time it was way after midnight. As you can tell by the picture of Misty (below) we were getting tired. Of course Misty is 6 month's pregnant and has every reason to be tired. We got to have 2 pregnant women with us. They were troopers to stay up and talk forever while fighting exhaustion. See, we don't look too bad for 2:00 a.m.
The next morning we made some crafts. We made something to take out with us visiting teaching in December...
Can you see the angel wings on Sheila and Arlene's shoulders? The wings are the glow you see on their shoulders.
Brooke and Danika went up with me.


The mature women in the family. Kathie, Georgia, Becky, Sherryl, Arlene, Carolyn, Dianne and Sheila. This is a picture of women of strength, integrity, wisdom, fun, and incredible love. They are women I look up to.
Kathie ad Cindy doing the other craft. A saying rubbed on to a tile. The saying is by Elder Worthlin, "Come what may, and Love It"

When I got home this afternoon I got two surprises. Tim met me at the door (granted I had a granddaughter and daughter with me) and he made me a gift wrap center! Cool! I was totally surprised! What color(s) do I paint it?

3 comments:

Angie said...

I have been waiting to see all the fun I missed! I talked to Tammy, Christy, and Jodi today and they all said they loved it! I'm hoping to make it one of these years!!! I can't stand missing all the talking and laughing!!

sheila said...

We are so blessed to be related to such amazing women. And yes, we missed you Angie!

Dianne, I'm boring....I think you should paint it white. What a nice suprise from Tim. I'm sure you are like me, the gift of time and effort is appreciated as much the gift itself. Another blessing for Dianne....an amazing husband.

Larsens said...

Looks like you had so much fun with all of your sisters.

I vote for yellow or soothing green. White is always great, too.