Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Sad Good-Bye To A Favorite Place

It is official. The Ogden Temple has closed it's doors for major renovation. I have heard many stories of what is to be done to the temple. I have heard it will be totally torn down. I heard all but the baptistry will be taken down. I heard just the outer walls will be taken down. I also hear they are building a huge room inside the temple to house all the rumors of what will be done. I guess for the next 2 1/2 to 3 years we will all be in great anticipation to see the final results. Thursday morning I went to the temple to do work for the last time in this very structure. I know other temples are open, you can do the same work, feel the same spirit, enjoy it just the same, but, I still felt a great sadness. I had decided to use my new camera and take some fantastic pictures. I can't say the pictures are fantastic, but, for me, it gave me a chance to spend some extra time on the temple grounds enjoying the feel and taking some pictures to help my memory. Many people had the same idea. I saw so many taking pictures. I saw families strolling around, sitting down and looking and pondering and I saw a woman looking at the temple with her journal in her lap with a pen in her hand.
I think the closing of the temple is hard because the Ogden Temple has been my temple. I have gone there many times for many reasons. It is always a place of quiet, peace, reflection, work, prayer, and acceptance. I am grateful I was able to go Thursday to reflect and say good-bye and to thank some of the temple workers for their service.



Grandma and Grandpa enjoying a book. Is this with my husband in a few years? Hopefully we won't be statues.
I love seeing clocks like this one. I want one in my yard! Maybe I need to tell Tim I want one, really bad!
The Ogden temple was known as a work horse temple. For the last couple of years it has been incredibly busy. I don't know how many times I went and had to wait for quite a while to be able to begin my work.

I can't wait for the temple to be finished with it's remodeling job. We'll be off to enjoy other temples while we wait! And so for the next few years...so long. Can't wait until it opens again!

4 comments:

Bilary said...

You got some great pictures! That's neat that you saw other people doing the same sort of thing you were doing that day. I think you should tell dad you want a clock like that for your yard. What a fun thing that would be! You should have asked someone if you could buy that very clock. :)

Anonymous said...

happy family....
nice post...definitely you are sharing some usefull aspects..its gud

As seen on TV products is As Seen On TV products and we’re confident you will find what you’re looking for.

Anonymous said...

water softners tampa
WATER PURIFICATION SYSTEMS PROMISES TO DELIVER
ONE THING: BETTER WATER FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
AT WATER PURIFICATION SYSTEMS, WE UNDERSTAND HOW
IMPORTANT WATER IS TO YOU, YOUR FAMILY, AND YOUR HOME.

PHL Taxi said...

Great blog, thanks for sharing this interesting post.

Taxi Service to Philadelphia Airport