Saturday, November 17, 2012

Catch up time

I haven't been posting for a while because I couldn't get any pictures to attach to my blog.  I was able to get a few pictures to attach, so, here is a few notes.  
We have many students and friends who think we need traditional African clothes.  I have a dress made out of the same cloth that Elder Jennings has this outfit from.  It is beautiful.  There is one small problem.  The seamstress made it too small.  I had her take the seams out and it is still too small.  I will try once more to get it the correct size.
We have gone shopping 3 times to Balogun.  Twice we have been rained on.  The first time it rained very hard on us.  It was an adventure for sure.  First you walk very carefully through the water puddles and then you get so wet, it really doesn't matter.
 
We have had a few water issues in the entire building.  When the building was built the plumbers put in too small and inferior pipes.  This is a 4 year old building with water pipes breaking.  We had issues with water leaking out of a wall.  We were moved out of our apartment for them to fix it.  Our two day project turned into two weeks.  We are back in now.
On one day of adventures we got into a car to leave and noticed we didn't have enough gas.  Our driver found some gas and poured it into the car.  We have been having some serious gas shortages in Nigeria.  It looks like it may be ending.   There for a while most gas stations were closed...out of gas.

1 comment:

Flora Lee said...

I hope you have your water problems solved. The storehouse has been pretty busy but I'm thinking tomorrow and Wednesday will be more busy. That is quite a dashing out fit Tim. Keep up the good work.