Sunday, July 5, 2009

Girls camp

Who said youth girls camp is only for the young women? I think the leaders in the stake had more fun than they did. This is the six stake leaders who went to bond with the girls and other leaders and to grow closer their Heavenly Father. We laughed, played games, changed sleeping quarters three times, encouraged and grew closer in the 4 fun filled days at camp. I have said it many times, I love working in the young women program...anywhere. Young women are full of fun, strength, energy, hopefulness, spirit and strength. The women in the picture are as follows: Bottom row, me, Lindee (Stake YW President), Janis (1st Coun. in Stake YW), Julie (Stake YW camp director), Fran (stake social director to make us laugh and create), Marilyn (Stake assistant camp director.)
Julie and I rode her topless Jeep to camp and got wind blown. She had to fix her hair as soon as we got there. She said she would do damage if I took her picture. I took it anyway.

Before camp we went to a costume shop (that felt like a lice shop) to look for costumes for our camp skit. We laughed our heads off looking at different items. I haven't seen or felt lice yet, and yet, I just reached up to scratch my head. FYI the skit was fun an had a powerful message for the girls. I think they really loved it. They said they did. We had fun doing it anyway. I was the devil. Does that match my personality or what?
During camp we had one ward leave a day early because 10 out of 16 people were sick. One had to be taken to the hospital by meeting an ambulance at a convenience store at the bottom of the mountain. That was a little scary. Then one by one more girls in that ward got sick. Then the rain began to fall on Thursday. By evening two other wards were rained out and went home. The other 4 wards stuck it. Three found alternate sheltering. Most had damp sleeping bags and tents. Way to go, girls!

No comments: