Saturday, July 25, 2009

Surprise with no beeps and whistles

For many years I have wished for and, wanted something for a long, long time. It is something old fashioned and I thought was no longer a hot item on the market. I know you are dying to find out what it is. So just look at the pictures and discover for yourself. Yes, I have wanted a bike. One with no fancy beeps or whistles. If you look closely it has no gears but leg power and coasting power. I have taken it for two spins already today and am going to go for another ride when this posting is finished. This is MY kind of "road bike."There are at least two really cool things about this bike. Number 1 is the color. Look at the cool color! Number 2 is that Tim remembered that I wanted a "no gear shift" bike and, he surprised me with one. Way to go Tim!
It looks like I will have a lot of fun going around and around the block this summer. Anyone want to join me? I am not big into fighting the traffic so I will need to find some safe routes.

There may be a big smile on my face now. Tomorrow may be another day when the unused muscles scream at me for the workout. It will be well worth it. Thanks for the fun toy, Tim.

5 comments:

Bilary said...

That's awesome! I'm totally jealous! I keep saying I want one of those too - only in pink. But that is so awesome that you got one! I hope it gets lots of use! You should get dad a new bike and you could go on some major bike rides together - how fun would that be!?

Andy and Brooke said...

I love it mom! Congratulations! We love you!!!

Tai said...

I am glad you FINALLY got your bike!! YEAH!! You have been talking about wanting one for so long. I want a bike too so we can go on family bike rides, except then I would have to buy a trailer and all that good stuff too. Just to darn expensive!! Have fun on that thing!

Angie said...

How funny. Brian bought me a bike with WAY too many gears so I totally understand wanting a more simple way of transportation! I'm glad you like it!!!

Curtis and Jen said...

You forgot to mention that you love that soft seat! I love the seats on those beach cruisers. It fits you well. Happy Summer riding around.