Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sister's party

This last weekend was our yearly Sister's Party. All my sisters, neices 18 years old and older, daughters, etc... are invited for an overnighter. Sometimes we do a service project, craft, eat (always), sleep (some), and share our laughter, joys and sorrows. This year we gave a surprise bridal shower for Shanon. I think we totally surprised her. As each gift was opened she told us something she loves about Ben. Then whoever gave her the gift would give some wise advice. Congratulations Shanon. Thanks to all the girls who came!

Arlene made Shanon a levi quilt. Curt helped open it. He was so cute watching the gift opening.
The girl in the pink shirt on the couch just married my nephew, Garth this last summer. It was fun getting to know Misty better.

Today Danika came trick-or-treating to my home a few days early. Isn't she cute?! Happy Halloween Danika!
\
One of my favorite you tube clips is of Detier Uchtdorf's "Create". This is an inspiring clip to me and has made me think I can do better in my life, so...
Yesterday I hibernated in my home and made a rag quilt. I had a fun time doing it and when I was done I noticed all the mistakes I made. It was a good project anyway and I learned a lot. I may even do another one. Next one will be better.

3 comments:

Bilary said...

Wow, I love the quilt. You need to teach me how to make them! I would love to make them for my kids. They are all getting to where they need a new blanket. So, when are ya gonna teach me?:)

Larsens said...

I'm in the same boat with Hilary. I need to learn how to make one of those. Can we get together one day so you can teach us? Please!!
That Sisters party looked like a lot of fun. Great idea.
Alright. When am I coming over with my material?

Condies said...

i really dont like that im nursing i nthe back ofthe picture with shanon lol oh well i guess . so much fun !!!