Monday, January 10, 2011

Golden Wedding Anniversary

January 8, 2011
50 years ago my sister, Sherryl, began her life with Arnold. Their children invited us to share in celebrating their golden wedding anniversary. Sherryl and Arnold began their life with making sacred vows in the Idaho Falls temple. It was a wonderful day and one I am glad I didn't let the threat of a snowstorm get in my way.
When we arrived at Burley we drove first of all to the home I lived in when I was really little. It was in this home I broke my baby sister's crib by pretending I was a horse and I was jumping in it. Quinn was helping me. He was older and should be blamed for it. Right?
Me, Carolyn, Mike, Quinn and Sheila standing in front of a home still being occupied. No one came out and took shots at us or anything! Can you believe 12 people lived in this home?
I had to take a picture of the yummy desserts served at the party.
Handsome hubby and brother-in-law.
Sisters Sheila and Kathie with my nephew Garth and his wife, Misty. Misty is due to deliver her first baby any day.
Carolyn and Jay, and Tim and I drove together to Burley. We had a wonderful visit with them. Thanks for braving the storms with us!
Some of my brothers and sisters and their spouses and one niece and great-great-nephew.

Sherryl and Arnold's original children with their spouses. There is a grandchild or two tucked in to boot!
Sherryl and Arnold enjoying their newest great-grandchild.
Thanks again for inviting us to the party. Have I ever told anyone I love my family? They are wonderful people. I have been so blessed in my life to have these people to support me and to show great examples. Thanks, family!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Have I told you THANK YOU for taking pictures of all the events I would love to be at??!!! I love it!