Thursday, November 17, 2011

Welcome baby Allie

November 6, 2011 I boarded the plane to fly to see Brooke, Andy and Danika. They were awaiting the birth of their new baby. We thought she would be born on Thursday or Friday. If she was born on Friday her birthdate would be 11-11-11. Pretty cool! But, the baby had other plans for her family. She decided to make her appearance on her due date of Tuesday, November 8, 2011. The name they chose for their baby is Allie Dianne. She weighed 7 lbs. 12 oz. This is little Allie. She is beautiful. She is wonderful. Each baby born is a miracle. Allie is no different. I am amazed at each birth of the feelings of gratitude, love, peace, awe and happiness for these little ones.

During the birth Danika and I spent time walking around the hospital grounds. We weren't planning on being at the hospital durig the birthing process. But, while at a doctors appointment Brooke was sent to the hospital for testing to see if she was in labor. She was! Brooke checked in at 3:00 p.m. Allie was born at 6:06 p.m. The day after the birth we took Danika back to the hospital for more bonding time for the sisters.

Danika spet much time wandering around the hospital grounds. I had my camera with me and took hundreds of pictures of Danika doing many things. At one time she picked up a twig and carried it aroun...for hours! She also found a leaf. I found it later. I think she had put it in her pocket. I was getting ready to take another picture and someone came up to us and asked if we wuld like him to take our picture together. Very nice!


The night before I came home we went to Chuck-E-Cheese. We took a few family pictures of the newly expanded family.


1 comment:

Andy and Brooke said...

Thanks again for coming out! We were glad to spend time with you! Love you.