Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I have been waiting to blog about this since before I knew how to blog. I have watched others blog about every day things and it has seemed to me like it makes a person more appreciative of the every day things. This is just a part of the beautiful trail I get to jog on most days. My friend and I want to build houses on this section of the trail. It is gorgeous 365 days of the year!

This morning I had the goal of not only jogging a few miles, but, I decided to take my camera and trying to get a picture of a fox. Sometimes they are very difficult to see. Some times the grass is too tall to see them. Today was a whole new adventure. This fox knew we were following him and he kept on going. After a while he doubled back and ran within a couple of feet of us. We turned around and followed it for another 1/4 mile. Then we went to the end of the trail.

Then we saw fox number 2. He disappeared quite quickly and then we saw fox number 1 again. He let us follow him again. It was really quite an adventurous run. On this trail I have seen deer, porcupine, vultures, fox, lots of birds and people.






8 comments:

Bilary said...

That almost makes me want to start running with you every morning...almost. Maybe a walk down there sometime!:) Those were cool pictures. I think you should take your camera more often.

Maybe if you keep seeing the same fox that seems to play with you, you should name it!

Watts Family said...

Wow! A fox I could handle.....a mountain lion would scare me silly.

Ashley said...

I am always bragging to my friends and Dylan's family about how nice the area you live in is. I love how you have the trails to run on. You are so lucky to live in such a nice area. You are right.. It is beautiful year round!!

Larsens said...

What a beautiful place to do your running. Next time pack a bag of dead mice and maybe the fox will come and eat from your hands. Isn't it what the fox will eat? Maybe I'm wrong...just a thought.

This totally beats the sweaty people next to you at the gym.

Andrea said...

Wow-you have been busy at this blogging business! Thanks for the sweet comment.

That is a beautiful area! I can't believe that it is so remote.

You are very lucky to have Hilary! Great job btw :)!

Tai said...

Those are sweet pics. Too bad you didn't have your camera with you when you saw the cougar!! That would have been awesome. I seriously want to think you stole away to the zoo or something to take the pics because all my times down on the trail I have never seen those things!!

Andrea said...

You have five kids!?! See...you can see exactly where I am coming from.....it's fun some days...and painful/frustrating other days....

I like cookies also. I just don't bake them too often. And besides, I am holding out for a graet mixer.

Angie said...

I don't know what is more impressive, the picture of the fox or the fact that you run 365 days of the year!! Way to go!