Sunday, March 10, 2013

Miracles in Nigeria

 "God does notice us, and he watches over us.  But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." President Spencer W. Kimball
Tim and I experienced this personally. We came on our mission to help others and serve them.  Not the other way around.   One day we went to the mall to go grocery shopping and out to lunch with the other missionary couples.  To make a long story really short, the other couples were in the grocery store and Tim and I were in the food court.  While there Tim passed out (with me trying to catch him), and, as he was going down he pulled over a fake plant on my head, cutting it.  The miracle is this: A young man we know, Phillip, was in the area of the mall.  He has never been in the mall.  He felt impressed to go.  He fought the feeling and eventually went.  He stepped inside the mall. He started down the hallway just in time to help me try to catch Tim.  He helped revive Tim.  Drove us back to our apartment, helped Pres. Adebayo give Tim a blessing.  Pres. Adebayo took Tim and I to the Dr. to check Tim out and to put a stitch in my head.  When they cleaned the wound the doctor just  let the watery blood just run down my neck onto my white shirt.  We are fine.  Phillip has checked on us often.  He feels he saved Tim's life.  Maybe he did.  I am so grateful.  This has taught us so many lessons...Life is fragile...appreciation for my husband...miracles happen...Heavenly Father is watching over us...etc...
Top picture is my shirt I was wearing.  With many washes it came clean.  Next picture is of Tim and Phillip.

No comments: