Thursday, July 12, 2012

MTC and it's ups and downs

 Today was a day of interesting ups and downs.  As missionaries we are taught how to teach with the spirit.  It is so important to be able to do that.  Our Heavenly Father knows things we have no idea about...and He will put words in our mouths or in our minds.  We did a practice session and without going into much detail...I crashed and burned.  I was totally humbled.  During the break I will admit I went into a bathroom stall and tried to dry a few tears and look normal upon exiting the stall.  I went back to the classroom and on to another challenge.  We taught some investigators (role play) the second discussion.  We are told...go by the spirit and teach what the need is.  It turned out very well. I guess I was humbled earlier in order to feel the right things to say and do.  Tim is wonderful and just seems to know the right things to say.  So, I went from a low (humbled) to a high in a matter of an hour or so.  This afternoon, after our last meeting we went to the mailbox to see if we had any mail.  We were instructed to go twice a day to see what is there.  Instructions could be there.  To our surprise we had two packages!  It brought Tim and I to tears.  Like I said it has been a day of highs and lows.  We didn't know we needed the packages.
 Just in case you can't tell, I am trying to tell you, "I Love You".  Thanks for the packages, family and friends.
 Our lucky instructors, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Sister Reese, and Brother Hawkes.
 Our neighbors, and friends.  This couple, The McMillans are from Layton.  If you have read any facebook entries or e-mail letters you would also know Tim and Sister McMillan knew each other in college.  Cute couple! 

1 comment:

Flora Lee said...

I'm glad the day ended with an up. Don't be too hard on yourself.